Osteopathic Manual Practitioner
Os·te·o·pa·thy helps patients of all ages optimize their health.
Osteopathy is a patient-centred discipline that is based on understanding the relationship between structure and function in order to enhance the body’s inherent ability to heal. It relies on skilled manual therapeutic techniques to assess and treat the patient, guiding the natural self-healing properties of the human body.
As a classically trained Osteopathic Manual Practitioner, Allison McAvoy works to restore proper body mechanics, nerve impulses, and circulation of the body fluids, which in turn assists the body in re-establishing health.
Visit Allison’s website for more information by clicking the button below:
The Benefits of Osteopathy
Osteopathy can effectively reduce and alleviate pain in a number of different areas through a mixture of gentle techniques such as massaging muscles, as well as stretching and moving joints through their natural range of motion or articulation.
These gentle and patient-centred techniques can help to:
- Reduce pain by removing the underlying cause
- Reduce pain and stiffness in muscles and joints
- Increase the range of motion in the joints
- Treat spinal problems resulting from poor posture or spinal disk injuries
- Relieve chronic pain through non-invasive treatment
- Decrease stress on joints
- Reduce body tension
- Relieve tension and migraine headaches
- Adapt to hormonal and structural changes during pregnancy
- Treat trauma resulting from accidents and injuries
- Encourage body self-healing
- Increase circulation
- Reduce blood pressure